We are looking for an experienced Quality Technician. The ideal candidate will have a high level of energy and sense of urgency to accomplish the Company goals and implement significant change within the organization.
1. Ensure we meet customer needs and maintain a high level of service.
2. Work with MS office software programs on a daily basis.
3. Inspect incoming product-document and report as required.
4. Contact vendors with regard to non-conforming product.
5. Interface with Receiving, Warehouse, Manufacturing and other staff.
6. Investigate quality discrepancies and resolve as needed.
7. Maintain calibration of equipment.
8. Serve as an internal auditor for the company.
9. May operate powered industrial equipment to conduct inventory investigations related to quality.
10. Gather information for KPI reporting.
11. Conduct root-cause analysis related to quality issues and report to management as needed. Provide input on corrective action.
12. Follow standard operating procedures and work instructions.
13. Perform other related duties as required.
14. Handle expedited orders as needed.
15. Manage Statistical Process data.
16. Perform Process Capability Studies.
1. Ability to communicate verbally with others.
2. Ability to write clear communications and instructions for others.
3. Ability to utilize basic office equipment.
4. Ability to occasionally climb ladders.
5. Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
6. Ability to work without close supervision.
7. Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
8. Ability to lift 20-30 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to prioritize daily and weekly work with company goals in mind.
3. Ability to use micrometers and calipers and have the ability to learn other types of measuring equipment.
4. Must be able to read basic drawing and prints.
5. Excellent organizational, time management and problem resolution skills.
6. Ability to prioritize tasks and follow up with manager on completion of tasks.
7. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs.
8. Preferred previous experience working in a quality setting.
9. Detail-oriented, highly organized, team player.
10. Ability to Work Power Equipment. (Forklift, etc.)
11. Prefer experience with LEAN practices / methodologies.
12. Prefer knowledge of the ISO9001 & TS quality standards.
This is a manufacturing plant environment.
Exposure to high temperatures, moving machinery, moving equipment, heights and confined spaces.
Potentially a second shift may be available. Second shift hours are 2:30 pm – 1:00 am Monday – Thursday. Overtime hours may include Friday 2:30 – 1:00 am.
Hourly rate starts at $10.90 - $16.25. Full benefits package. Profit sharing paid quarterly. Additional details to be provided to qualified candidates.
Complete on-line application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail application to:
Human Resources / Recruiting
P.O. Box 232
Minneapolis, Kansas 67467