ALCO is hiring a high-caliber salaried Assistant Manager with leadership and organizational skills who can execute outstanding store operations and ensure great customer service.
The qualified candidate must have atleast 1 year of experience managing others in a fast-paced, energetic retail environment, along with experience in the areas listed below:
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
• Responsible for complete and accurate paperwork and reporting functions relating to the Store Office, Cash Office and Receiving.
• Responsible for the organization of the Receiving area, Store Office and Cash Office according to company standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Duties / Responsibilities of the Position):
• Adherence to the store management work schedule.
• Read, understand, and have a practical working knowledge of the material included in all appropriate store policies and procedures manuals.
• Demonstrate a complete understanding of the following areas:
– Receiving, Store Office and Cash Office Operations
– Loss Prevention and Safety
– Store Technology Systems
– Checkout Terminal Operations
– POS / RF Operations
• Key Performance Indicators:
– Excellent Customer Service
– Invoice processing
– Processing daily receiving paperwork and receiving log
– Purchase Journal compliance
– Cash handling and daily Deposit compliance
– Freight Processing – 24/48 hour compliance
– Receiving Door Security procedures
– Knowledge of RF Symbol functions
– Retail Price Change procedures / In Stock Integrity and Pricing Integrity
– Store Recovery Program
– Manager Functions on the cash register
• Perform store supervision responsibilities during the absence of the Store Manager.
• Perform all other tasks, functions, or projects that have been reasonably assigned by the Operations Area Manager, Store Manager, District Manager, Divisional Vice President or General Office.
Apply online at www.alcostores.com
or apply in person at:
ALCO Discount Store
1903 N Buckeye
Abilene, KS 67410
Before applying for this position, please make sure you can answer "yes" to the following questions:
1) Are you a local resident of Abilene, KS, or a surrounding community?
2) Do you have experience managing others in a retail environment?
3) Do you have experience in Receiving, Store Office and Cash Office Operations?