We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Associate. The ideal candidate will have a high level of energy and sense of urgency to accomplish the Company goals and implement significant change within the organization. Position entails accurately sorting material, receiving, picking, shipping and organizing inventory while maintaining product quality.
· Ensure we meet customer needs and maintain a high level of service.
· Prioritizes sort activities based on customer demand and lead time.
· Meet with Supervisors and Managers to discuss progress and compile reports on production volume, quality control and material inventory.
· Gather information and complete customer orders.
· Assist operations to meet shipping deadlines according to sales priorities or customer orders.
· Interface with Receiving, Warehouse, Quality and other staff.
· Investigate any discrepancies and / or notify Management.
· Manage and monitor material inventory.
· May operate powered industrial equipment to transport inventory, unload incoming stock and load orders.
· Follows standard operating procedures.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Ability to communicate verbally with others.
· Ability to write clear communications and instructions for others.
· Ability to utilize basic office equipment.
· Ability to regularly climb ladders.
· Ability to work at heights without undue stress, fear or anxiety.
· Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work without close supervision.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
· Ability to lift 20-30 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
· High school diploma or equivalent and 2 or more years of inventory or warehouse work experience.
· Prior experience with following production schedules (or scheduling rules) for operations.
· Excellent organizational, time management and problem resolution skills
· Ability to prioritize tasks and follow up with supervisors on completion of tasks.
· Ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and/or environment.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership qualities.
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs including report writing and preparing presentations.
· Preferred previous experience working in a high performance team setting.
· Detail-oriented, highly organized, team player.
· Ability to Work Power Equipment (Forklift, etc.)
· Lot / serial control experience.
· Experience with LEAN practices / methodologies.
· Ability to run a grinding wheel.
· Ability to run a drill press.
This is a manufacturing plant environment.
Exposure to high temperatures, moving machinery, moving equipment, heights and confined spaces.
Possible 2 shift operation Monday – Friday.
Hourly rate starts at $12.00. Additional details to be provided to qualified candidates.
Complete on-line application at http://www.huyett.com/employment.php and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail application to:
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 232
Minneapolis, KS 67467