We are looking for an experienced Production Handler. The ideal candidate will have a high level of energy and sense of urgency to accomplish the Company goals and implement significant change within the organization.
· Ensure we meet customer needs and maintain a high level of service.
· Prioritizes production sequence based on customer demand and lead time.
· Meet with Supervisors and Manufacturing Manager to discuss progress and compile reports on production volume, quality control and material inventory.
· Gather information and complete customer orders.
· Assist operations to meet shipping deadlines according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
· Interface with Receiving, Saws, Mills, Lathes, Deburr, Secondary Operations, Warehouse and other staff.
· Verify inventory reports by comparing them to physical counts of stock.
· Investigate any discrepancies and notify Management.
· Operates powered industrial equipment to transport inventory, unload incoming stock and load orders.
· Follows standard operating procedures.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Ability to communicate verbally with others.
· Ability to write clear communications and instructions for others.
· Ability to utilize basic office equipment.
· Ability to occasionally climb ladders.
· Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work without close supervision.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
· Ability to lift 20-30 pounds regularly 50 pounds occasionally.
· Ability to use basic math.
· High school diploma or equivalent and 2 or more years of manufacturing work experience.
· Prior experience with following production schedules (or scheduling rules) for operations.
· Excellent organizational, time management and problem resolution skills
· Ability to prioritize tasks and follow up with supervisors on completion of tasks.
· Ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and/or environment.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership qualities.
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs.
· Preferred previous experience working in a high performance team setting.
· Detail-oriented, highly organized, team player.
· Ability to Work Power Equipment (Crane, Forklift, etc)
· Lot / serial control experience.
· Experience with LEAN practices / methodologies.
· Welding experience, certification not needed.
This is a manufacturing plant environment.
Exposure to high temperatures, moving machinery, moving equipment, heights and confined spaces.
Possible 2 shift operation Monday – Friday.
Hourly rate starts at $12.00. Additional details to be provided to qualified candidates.
Please submit resumes in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be completed at http://www.huyett.com/employment.php