We are looking for an experienced Production Handler. The ideal candidate will have a high level of energy and sense of urgency to accomplish the Company goals and implement significant change within the organization.
- Ensure we meet customer needs and maintain a high level of service.
- Prioritizes production sequence based on customer demand and lead time.
- Meet with Supervisors and Warehouse Managers to discuss progress and compile reports on production volume, quality control and material inventory.
- Gather information and complete customer orders.
- Assist operations to meet shipping deadlines according to customer orders.
- Reviews reports on production metrics & production support activities and utilizes report information to make sound decisions.
- Interface with Receiving, Packaging, Shipping, Inventory Control, Customer Service, Manufacturing and other staff.
- Verify inventory reports by comparing them to physical counts of stock.
- Investigate any discrepancies and / or adjust errors.
- Operates powered industrial equipment to transport inventory, unload incoming stock and load orders.
- Follows standard operating procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
• Ability to communicate verbally with others.
• Ability to write clear communications and instructions for others.
• Ability to utilize basic office equipment.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work without close supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
• Ability to 20-30 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to use basic math.
• High school diploma or equivalent and 2 or more years of inventory or warehouse work experience.
• Prior experience with following production schedules (or scheduling rules) for operations.
• Excellent organizational, time management and problem resolution skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and follow up with supervisors on completion of tasks.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and/or environment.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership qualities.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs.
• Preferred previous experience working in a high performance team setting..
• Detail-oriented, highly organized, team player.
• Ability to Work Power Equipment (Forklift, etc)
• Lot / serial control experience.
• Experience with LEAN practices / methodologies.
This is a manufacturing plant environment.
Exposure to high temperatures, moving machinery, moving equipment, heights and confined spaces.
Possible 2 shift operation Monday – Friday.
Hourly rate starts at $12.00. Additional details to be provided to qualified candidates.
G.L. Huyett is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit resume in Word format to email@example.com
Applications can be completed at http://www.huyett.com/employment.php
To Mail Applications and Resumes:
Attn: Human Resources / Recruiting
P.O. Box 232
Minneapolis, KS 67467