We are looking for an experienced Production Handler. The ideal candidate will have a high level of energy and sense of urgency to accomplish the Company goals and implement significant change within the organization.
- Ensure we meet customer needs and maintain a high level of service.
- Prioritizes production sequence based on customer demand and lead time.
- Meet with Supervisors and Warehouse Managers to discuss progress and compile reports on production volume, quality control and material inventory.
- Gather information and complete customer orders.
- Assist operations to meet shipping deadlines according to customer orders.
- Reviews reports on production metrics & production support activities and utilizes report information to make sound decisions.
- Interface with Receiving, Packaging, Shipping, Inventory Control, Customer Service, Manufacturing and other staff.
- Verify inventory reports by comparing them to physical counts of stock.
- Investigate any discrepancies and / or adjust errors.
- Operates powered industrial equipment to transport inventory, unload incoming stock and load orders.
- Follows standard operating procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
• Ability to communicate verbally with others.
• Ability to write clear communications and instructions for others.
• Ability to utilize basic office equipment.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work without close supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
• Ability to 20-30 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to use basic math.
G.L. Huyett is a fast growing manufacturer, importer and master distributor of industrial fasteners. We uphold the highest standards of service and responsibility in the industry. We are proud of our efforts in continuous improvement and we thrive in a fast paced environment.
At G.L. Huyett we create a family environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities and competitive benefits.
If you are looking for a company that always has excellence in mind, G.L. Huyett is the place for you! We reward innovation and compensate for performance. Our employees are passionate about our vision!
Opportunity – We are a profitable, financially sound, innovative, high-growth company; this allows us to create opportunities for career growth and advancement. We invest in your development and future!
Community – We understand the importance of balance between our professional and personal lives. We invest in communities to make them better places to raise families. Our employees are encouraged to help make our communities a better place to live and work.
Culture – We live by our values and honor our friendly, warm-hearted culture. We take pride in fostering a culture with a team-driven approach; knowing every employee contributes to the growth of G.L. Huyett.
• High school diploma or equivalent and 2 or more years of inventory or warehouse work experience.
• Prior experience with following production schedules (or scheduling rules) for operations.
• Excellent organizational, time management and problem resolution skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and follow up with supervisors on completion of tasks.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and/or environment.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership qualities.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs.
• Preferred previous experience working in a high performance team setting..
• Detail-oriented, highly organized, team player.
• Ability to Work Power Equipment (Forklift, etc)
• Lot / serial control experience.
• Experience with LEAN practices / methodologies.
This is a manufacturing plant environment.
Exposure to high temperatures, moving machinery, moving equipment, heights and confined spaces.
Possible 2 shift operation Monday – Friday.
Hourly rate starts at $12.00. Additional details to be provided to qualified candidates.
Please submit resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be completed at http://www.huyett.com/employment.php
To Mail Applications and Resumes:
Attn: Human Resources / Recruiting
P.O. Box 232
Minneapolis, KS 67467