Network Support Technician
- Administrative, non-exempt-level, full -time, 12-month, employment-at-will position with excellent benefits
The position is directly responsible for CKMHC information department to ensure the smooth day to day operation, system documentation and regulatory compliance. This position is the first point of contact for staff in technology issues and completing tasks in the CKMHC information system.
Provide daily technical support to staff on computers, software and other equipment by availability to answer phone calls, e-mails, texts, and other contacts
1. Monitor CKMHC systems for issues that could affect stability and /or security
2. Document processes and procedures related to help desk activity
3. Work with effectively with rest of information systems team and vendors to analyze and solve problems to improve systems.
4. Monitor and configure backup to ensure no data is lost any event of a deficiency.
5. Perform maintenances on operating systems, hardware, and software by testing, replacing, and updating as needed.
6. Train staff on proficient use of information systems.
7. Regular and predicable attendance and punctuality
1. Analyze and implement IS procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency and cost containment.
2. Ensure users/customers are provided with professional, courteous, and timely support and service.
3. Write reports and gather data from systems as assigned.
4. Understand productivity and efficiency goals established by CKMHC for the position and work.
5. Participate in new project activity by installing servers, configuring operating systems, setting up computers, working with software, or other project activity as assigned.
6. Maintain effective and cooperative working relations with CKMHC staff as well as external customers and referral sources.
7. Participate in Training as directed by the Executive Director
8. Maintain confidentiality at all times and meet HIPPA standards for confidentiality of medical records
9. Comply with the CKMHC compliance policy and all laws, rules, regulations and standards of conduct relating to the compliance policy. The employee understands that he/she has a duty and obligation to report any suspected violations to the Compliance Officer or the Executive Director.
10. Abide by the personnel policies and practices of CKHMC, including ethical standards as adopted by the Governing Board and to represent the center in a positive manner to the community.
11. Ability to type and work with various computer software programs
12. Perform all other duties as assigned
· The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
§ Minimum Associate Degree or equivalent experience in information systems, computer science and /or technical certification on computer hardware, Microsoft products, IT security. and two years of related experience
§ Preferred – Bachelor’s degree
§ Applicants must pass various background checks.
§ Ability to effectively relate to employees and the public in a positive way.
§ Ability to work effectively in a team.
§ Ability to work with people of all socio-economic classes.
§ Must be able to prioritize multiple requests for information or completion and manage competing demands
We are a KPERS organization; we have a great benefit package that includes Kansas state health insurance, section 125, continuing education allowances and PTO.
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send to:
Attn: Jo Ann Mattison, Human Resource Director
809 Elmhurst, Salina, KS 67401
Please be sure to mention you found this position on RadioWorksJobLink.com